Nigeria Health Lessons Workshop
This workshop is directed to stimulate the use of OBA in maintaining community-based health insurance schemes in the targeted areas of Nigeria.
This workshop was held in June 2015, organized by the World Bank, GPOBA, PharmAccess and the National Health Insurance Scheme. The workshop covered lessons learned from the GPOBA pilot project and other topics relevant to participating state governments to effectively incorporate into their policies in order to build public support for the universal health coverage, such as:
- targeting and the use of demographics and other metrics to identify the poorest communities for support of equity funds
- evaluation and the data analysis to adjust resource allocation
- legal framework to limit conflicts between state and federal law
- health insurance financing options, including state-level equity funds to reduce dependence on federal government
- benefit packages and the legal minimum requirements